Subject: [Leica] IMG: Jammed
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 16:09:17 -0700

John McMaster OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Jammed

>I think you are giving cameras the credit for too much knowledge, they are
>dumb 'if this do that' type machines - I think you needed the auto ASA with
>manual exposure. I stick with all manual ;-)<<<<

Hi John,
I gave all that manual settings up when I started shooting with 3 Leica
M7's.  I bought one first and shot 3 rolls of Tri-x 400 @ ASA 800 with the
camera selecting the exposures each frame. Souped the 3 rolls together and
made prints from each roll after the camera selecting the exposures. Each
roll givin identical print exposure times in the developer under every type
of lighting conditions......... they all printed using the identical print
exposure time for acceptable prints.

I immediately ordered two more M7 bodies as Sandy Carter and I were about to
start shooting our international all B&W book...... "Women in Medicine. A
Celebration of their work!" The third of my Trilogy books on the medical
profession in action! I have the last copies about to arrive shortly from
the publisher. Will it be printed again??? Good question given the lousy
state of class book publishing these days?

On that book shoot I exposed 500 rolls of film all shot on automatic, ASA
800 and never lost a frame from "Automatic exposure selection!" Regardless
of lighting conditions!

If you care to see a book on these incredible medical ladies when the photog
is using Leica M7's, on automatic and B&w film and all available-light? As
many of the LUG crew have done in the past, you will find it very
enlightening as this book comes with a "PHOTOGRAPHER'S supplement" filling
in all the details of how it was shot and why! Along with an e-mail address
where you are most welcome to ask all the questions about the photography,
who-- why?

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] IMG: Jammed)