Subject: [Leica] IMG: Tina's "Tea Party" reunion propaganda photo
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:39:50 -0700

When I lived in England, I was invited by a gun club member to join a target
practice session. I was told that permits for pistol ownership were up to
the local police, who could just decide that there were too many guns in
their territory and would issue no further permits.

In view of that tight control of firearms, I was absolutely appalled by the
behavior of the people. They would emerge from the cars, swinging their
pistols like a bunch of cowboys, something you wouldn't do in the U.S. In
fact, in Chicago, back during WWII, a student heading for the University
target range, openly swinging his pistol so as not to violate concealed
carry laws, was told by a cop to wrap it in a newspaper in the future while
carrying it.

On the target range, they did not seem to be following any strict range
safety protocols. I say again, I was appalled.

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204