Subject: [Leica] Eyes
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:19:26 -0400

PESO:

I have an appt with the eye doctor tomorrow because my glasses have quit
working!  At least, I'm having more and more problems focusing the camera,
reading road signs, seeing the television.  I'm sure it's part of getting
older but I do have some questions for him.

My glasses are bifocals but I take them off to read and eat.  If I used
single focal glasses would it help to focus a rangefinder?

I can focus my DSLR (Leica 9 with Digital Back) better without my glasses.
 Sometimes I can focus the Rangefinder better without my glasses.  Would a
diopter help with focusing the rangefinder with or without glasses?

I hate automatic focus cameras and lenses and will continue to work with my
rangefinders and manual lenses.  I may just have to stop down a lot to keep
everything in focus but I like shallow depth of field.

Getting old is not for sissies!

I would appreciate any suggestions from others who have faced the same
problems.

TIA

Tina

--