Subject: [Leica] Eyes
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:34:40 -0500

Tina, my long time friend and ophthalmologist was a committed Nikon
shooter.  Whenever I would complain about my aging eyes he would tell me it
was just a matter of time before I would be beyond his help and I would
have to forgo photography and give him all my Leicas.

We lost him last month and he will be missed.

He did continually counsel me to be sure to look away from the computer
frequently and focus on something in the distance so as to maintain the
elasticity of my eyes.  He also prescribed daily use of 0.1% cyclosporine
eye drops (one drop per eye) followed after 10 minutes by use of something
like Systane Ultra before inserting the hard contact lenses I wear under my
lineless bifocals. The purpose of the prescription drops (now available as
Restasis) - including periodic use of the non-rx drops during the day - is
to counteract dry eye, also a common symptom of aging. Of course YMMV but
my point is IMNSHO you should be consulting with a Leica-grade
ophthalmologist and if you have to go to a university to find one you
should, at least once at this stage of life.

Hope This Helps.

--Bob