Subject: [Leica] The Real Cost of Leicas (Uh, uh, uh...)
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 00:22:29 -0000

"Steve Barbour" <steve.barbour at gmail.com> commented on
> On Jan 11, 2014, at 9:32 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
>> If one is going to shoot 36 or 72 pictures this week than fine. Film or
>> digital not much of a difference. But if like many people shooting
>> digital
>> opens you up to shooting intensively hundreds of shots per week or more
>> then
>> there is a big difference on a number of levels. Cost being one of the
>> first
>> ones. And dare I say quality of final final output because that's for
>> sure
>> the other one.
>> And this is where we get the "shooting too many pictures being sloppy
>> technique" baloney gets put in. and that's pure garbage. There is no such
>> thing as "over shooting".  In film days I always bought film by the brick
>> and shot film by the brick.  Assuming I had money. And not everybody's
>> got
>> money all the time. We always told ourselves and our clients "film is
>> cheap"
>> and that was of course a bit of BS.
>
 > shoot more, you are bound to get some better images, of course those who
pride themselves for shooting "only 6 or 10 pics" , won't know this....

Chimp away, Mark. After all what does planning a picture count for? Sure
doesn't everybody know that if you give a thousand monkeys paints and
brushes they'll create a masterpiece. It must be so. Doesn't it say so on
the internet?

Pass the plate of bananas when you're going.....

Douglas

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] The Real Cost of Leicas (Uh, uh, uh...))
Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] The Real Cost of Leicas)