Subject: [Leica] shooting the M240
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 22:45:09 +0100 (BST)

I think it is simply that the only way the camera can possibly know you are
turning the focusing ring is that the focusing cam is moving.
That means Leica have the capability of doing this automatically with all
rangefinder lenses with focusing cam of any make, but not with any lens
which has no (possible) communication with the camera.
Until somebody invents electronics with a sixth sense :-)
FD