Subject: [Leica] shooting the M240
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 15:09:04 -0700
References: <93F6AD7B-21B6-4E9C-ABD4-2C4BBE40D81C@gmail.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9E6B6ED30@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <CAE3QcF7WAmk2dD0uq8x3H4bAXC+Y6pgmKyYqDGodMs=Wnf+zNQ@mail.gmail.com> <41CD32C2-DCED-4FEA-B6C3-246F3A41DD58@gmail.com> <CAE3QcF78RHkq5PtPXWnSg=S7rrboB0kp7Pm-ux5nkhPZTx4HJA@mail.gmail.com> <D30194EA-7E38-4554-90D0-30EA6E749143@gmail.com> <1399499109.87798.YahooMailNeo@web87703.mail.ir2.yahoo.com>

On May 7, 2014, at 2:45 PM, FRANK DERNIE <frank.dernie at btinternet.com>
wrote:

> I think it is simply that the only way the camera can possibly know you
> are turning the focusing ring is that the focusing cam is moving.

****Frank, keeping the focus peaking on does not necessarily depend on
turning the focussing ring...

> That means Leica have the capability of doing this automatically with all
> rangefinder lenses with focusing cam of any make, but not with any lens
> which has no (possible) communication with the camera.
> Until somebody invents electronics with a sixth sense :-)

****Frank ...Sony and Fuji already have focus peaking, that remains on, with
any lens....I believe this can be accomplished using software,

Steve

Steve

> FD

>>> Geoff