Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ears
From: ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:41:12 -0400

I've owned the old series 2 (4bay/usb/fw800) model for some time with good
service

just bought series 3 4-bay for several reasons

moved disk pack across to it

had 2 hard drives go out in just a few days--no data loss but long
self-rebuild and plenty of fear

they blamed the harddrives, i told them i no longer trusted the box

they sent me a new one--no problems with this one

old drives are in old drobo doing different service

series 3 offers dual redundancy, quicker rebuilds, usb3, built in battery

ric