Subject: [Leica] Re; 24x24mm film size
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:35:01 -0700

I think, to me, the square format allows me not to have to think about the
final image proportions.  Specifically, not having to turn the camera 90
degrees to take the shot.  The cameras I use, are pretty much more difficult
to use in the vertical (portrait) mode.....

Although, I guess, given that I own a Nikon D7100 with 24MP, I could just
throw away 1/3 of the pixels and ...imagine... the image to be square ......
And taking that a step further, why not try that with a M9?  Slightly
smaller numerical results, but in general perfectly acceptable for not large
prints.....

Think Square!

Gotta start working on that approach.....

Frank Filippone, Ex-Rollei and Mamiya TLR, and present, Hassy 6x6 user....
Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re; 24x24mm film size)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Re; 24x24mm film size)
Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re; 24x24mm film size)