Subject: [Leica] Critiques
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 11:17:45 -0700

Steve Barbour  OFFERED:
subject: Re: [Leica] Critiques

>>>I speak as an amateur who will not make a living from his photography,
>>>but who is serious about it....

I know what I like, I'd rather go with my own gut, than count "likes" here
or on Facebook. My own reactions are what really turns me on.<<<<<<<<

Hi Steve,
Rightly so as far as we the photog of the scene, whatever it maybe! I bet
there isn't one of the so called big names in history who didn't at sometime
or other who said:.. "To heck with whatever they say!!" HCB and his kind.
"I love my picture as it is and as I see it in my mind and feel it in my
gut!"

And anyone making a critique isn't going to change his or any other photog's
mind.

We as our own "photo editor" have our feelings and not even a huge bolt of
negative lightening is going to make us change our minds!" And rightly so!
By the same token we can be very wrong simply because often we re-call the
emotions of the "CLICK" moment that creates...... "I'm right and I'm not
changing it for anyone!" Even very experienced shooters can relate in that
fashion.

Like you, I go by my gut feelings nearly all the time.

UNTIL MY TOUGHEST PHOTO EDITOR MADE ONE COMMMENT? :-)  (When she was still
by my side.)
My dearest Irene would ask? " So these are the best you've ever taken in
your life?" Then stand there as cold faced as an iceberg awaiting my retort?
Rarely had one, just filed them never to be seen again! :-)

Then there would be a nice pleasant smile, a gentle loving pat on the head
and she'd quietly leave the editing room!  "Dang she's right again!"  :-)
Yep 99.9999999999999% of the time she was right! And I never got into any
kind of argument with her!  WHY? Well she had an incredible sense of what
was good, bad, ugly and "O'hum!"

cheers,
Dr. ted  :-)