Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Polling Day 1 & 2
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 09:25:31 +0100

"Steve Barbour" <steve.barbour at gmail.com> enquired regarding

>> Possibly "NO" voters. Florence Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow. Fuji X100S
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/politics/Polling1.jpg.html
>>
>> Possibly a "YES" voter. Florence Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow. Fuji X100S
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/politics/Polling2.jpg.html
<<<<
> so what motivates your taking pictures and guessing about these two
> particular sets of circumstances? >Was your conclusion based on age,
> smiles, demographics?

So what motivates my taking pictures? I suppose it's an inate curiosity
about slowing life down to capture a moment and seeing what the image of
that moment might subsequently tell me. Everybody has prejudices - including
you, Steve - and I like to see whether my own perceived prejudices have been
fed.
The circumstances that led me to the guesses were shaped by participants in
the all pervading discussions on radio and television during the referendum
campaign, and the type of people who either called to my house to canvass or
buttonholed me in the street to try to get me to vote in particular ways.

So what motivated you to ask about my motivation? Was there a disconnect
between you and my guesses, and what was it based on?

Douglas

Replies: Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] IMGs: Polling Day 1 & 2)
Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMGs: Polling Day 1 & 2)
Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] IMGs: Polling Day 1 & 2)