Subject: [Leica] M9 reliability question - from the Leica Website
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 23:19:24 +0200

http://uk.leica-camera.com/World-of-Leica/Leica-News/About-Leica-News/Global/2015/Update-CCD-Sensor

*Dated 31/08/2015:*

      /"Update CCD Sensor of the Leica M9/M9-P/M
      Monochrom and M-E camera models/

//

/We are very pleased to inform you that we have
successfully completed development on our new
generation of CCD sensors and conducted subsequent
quality assurance testing under practical conditions.
As a result, Leica Camera AG can now begin replacing
the sensors in the M9, M9-P and M-E models that were
affected by corrosion with sensors from the new
generation./

/Sensor replacement for M Monochrom models will also
begin shortly. We will inform you of the precise date
of this as soon as possible./

/On this note, we would like to remind our customers
that we can only offer replacements for CCD sensors for
cameras affected by this particular problem;
prophylactic replacement is not possible./

/We thank you for your patience and for your loyalty to
the Leica brand."/

Unfortunately, it doesn?t say exactly from when the
"new generation" replacements are being installed. But
it seems to indicate that any replacements made before
31 August 2015 must have been with older generation
sensors.

Cheers
Douglas