Subject: [Leica] Arctic full set
From: hjwulff at gmail.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 20:56:13 -0700

Hi Ted,

Yes, it was a huge amount of fun!

But then, most of photography, even (or especially) when I got paid a lot
for it was fun. But this trip was definitely something special. I've been
fortunate enough to travel a lot, ever since I was quite young, and going
into the Canadian high Arctic was always one of my dreams. It used to be
crazy expensive; you could fly anywhere in the world for half what it cost
you to get to Ellesmere Island, and once you got there... there'd be a
totally barren landscape mostly covered in ice and nowhere to sleep, nothing
to eat, and no way to get anywhere except by walking. 4000 years ago people
lived here year round at 84?N, but I surely don't know how to do that, nor
am I inclined to learn how to do that at present.

Now we are in a period of change, between the arctic being icebound year
round, and changes more profound than we could imagine for any area on
Earth. We can still see the arctic for what is was, and also for what it
will be. And it is an amazing place, and now it is starting to become
accessible. This has become a place I can go to without a government's
budget, and I'm grateful.

Henning Wulff
hjwulff at gmail.com