Subject: [Leica] Fwd: Re: Why Pros in general and us mateurs do NOT or SHOULD NOT use Leica......
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 10:23:33 -0700
References: <028801d22003$61fdcf20$25f96d60$@verizon.net> <8b8fcf9cd59a4a35811493a4ec5e87c1@WhizzEXM01.whizz.org> <02e401d2202a$2bfe5850$83fb08f0$@verizon.net> <802c26a9fbfd4de3ac3d2988eb555c16@WhizzEXM01.whizz.org> <052BFF32-859A-420B-AE1F-4E5AA3FC84B9@gmail.com> <482475630.68836.1475826520839.JavaMail.open-xchange@popperamen05.register.it> <CAF8hL-HayseS7Mj1UtdE6F+Q=2xOp2CqRMPYrWqN0amO=3dQsA@mail.gmail.com>

Hi CREW!
Keeping my fingers crossed, I've only had one "bad Leica experience
repair/replacement in my 60 plus years. An M4! Some years ago. Some of you
may recall, "LEICA/ME/MEDIA FRONT STEPS/LEICA, TORONTO/CANADA? :-)
=============================
Brand new M4. I forget exactly the problem, but I had returned it for
servicing from my home in Victoria. BC.
1/ Camera sent shortly after purchase/repaired?
    Returned to me.
2/ A couple of rolls! Sent back to LEICA! Same problem?
3/  Camera back to me all OK... "their wording!"
4/ Once  again a few rolls . same problem returns.   I'm talking about a
brand new camera maybe 10-12 rolls successful use maybe?
5/ I return it again... my cost 3-4 times! Received back supposedly "FIXED!"
I'm beginning to get a tad mad figuring the only thing they can "fix is a
cat!" :-)
As it turned out I had an assignment in Toronto, all my expenses covered
flying there etc..
I called the service department: "the camera had crapped out again!" And I
was coming to Toronto and for them to have a brand new replacement for this
one in exchange.
Their response:  "Well we don't know about a replacement? The service
department..."

MY RESPONSE?: "If you don't replace it I will call media people and tell
them, ready?
"12.00 noon on the front steps of the LEICA bldg. I am going to completely
destroy a brand new "Leica camera that has been serviced a half doz. times
and it still doesn't work!" "click!" phone!
I fly to Toronto in a couple of days, arrive at plant. They want the camera
for "service guys to "HAVE ANOTHER LOOK!?" The head guys
ask for the camera so the service dept. can have a look, while we go for
lunch.  As we return to plant I tell them about the media going to be there
to record the great destruction of a LEICA on the front steps unless they
give me a new camera replacement! THEY THINK I'M KIDDING? :-) "UNTIL?" :-)
We drive up to the building and there's a bunch of media waiting for the
"great camera destruction!" :-) TV, wire service and daily newspaper photogs.
"Why are they here?" Asked LEICA head guy?
ME? "I told you, if I do not receive a new replacement I'm going to smash
mine to pieces and the media are going to have a ball shooting the event."
"Now you can save that happening by presenting me with a brand new camera
and media record a "happy ever after" story and LEICA looks great in the
eyes of the buying public!
And me with a big smile on my face as a "VERY HAPPY CAMPER SATISFIED LEICA
CUSTOMER!" :-)
We arrive, TV cameras begin, news guys clicking and flashing away.
HEAD GUY?  Rushes in building and comes out big smile on his face and
presents me a new camera still in box! :-) Media? A few seconds of TV and a
few flashes.
HOWEVER? The media folks were all whining and bitching as they really wanted
a "camera smashing event!" :-)
Me? I was happy with the new camera & it worked like a dream until I traded
up to a couple of M5's later!
Cheers,
Dr. Ted  O. C.

---