Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Friday's flora, fungi and old stuff
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 15:52:55 +0100

George, I like the ink themed funghi and flower, and the pen is nice. I too,
like the other self admitted luddites, use a fountain pen daily.
Prosaically, my current plume ordinaire is one of two Shaeffer cartridge
pens. One has dark green ink for letters of complaint :-), and the main one
has blue ink.

The history of green ink which I regularly received on moaning letters to
the financial institution I laboured in is well known. When I retired, and
had a problem with an item myself, I decided to perpetuate the tradition,
and bought a couple of green ink cartridges thinking ahead of the happer
years of vituperous fulminating retirement.

I think I've used it twice.

Unfortunately, my 1944 Watermans - gold topped and presented to my father
back then, but it may be 1943 as I never asked him what month of the year he
got it - is missing its ink sac as it was ruptured. I hate to admit the
sacrilege but I threw the sac away a couple of years ago. I must get it
fixed.

Douglas