Subject: [Leica] Panatomic-X in Rodinal
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:52 -0400

Panatomic-X was my main signature film if I was shooting black and white
which I mainly did in the late 70?s and 80?s.
When Kodak came out with the first tab grain film it was Tmax 100 and they
said it replaced the ISO 32 Panatomic-X.
Not even close.
I thought Panatomic-X was really ISO 50 and that?s what I shot it at with
any developer I ever used at any dilution.
I think a lot of people didn?t like Panatomic-X because they were over
exposing it. It was not a well liked film.
Panatomic-X did not like being over exposed by not even a little bit.
I bought it in 100 foot rolls at first and rolled my own. I bought it from a
pro level photo store and they told me few others ever bought that stuff. At
least in 100 foot rolls.
It was not well liked.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 6/16/17, 2:42 AM, "LUG on behalf of Jayanand Govindaraj"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jayanand
at gmail.com> wrote:

    Super! Not that I would know the difference, I have set foot into a wet
    darkroom only once in my life!
    Cheers
    Jayanand

    On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3 at
uwmalumni.com>