Subject: [Leica] Film Lab
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 06:36:12 +0100
References: <CAH1UNJ0P+Fdw=cpGOO9yhvSFMGy4b77SVOME89tBehQ_TJ63tQ@mail.gmail.com> <FC4E534E-6F7E-46B1-A9E5-412FBB4AAB6B@gmail.com> <CAEFt+w9kgzW=HphOAUrSogRKDjZeTM107ouz82ayjX0h8R6Tdw@mail.gmail.com> <808C3BF5-BFBF-4BE7-B78A-F53528103C02@gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ0NW=M_+wqJzrO+1A+Hf+XBy4UL50QzU0iCV12iOk8Gpg@mail.gmail.com> <CAEFt+w_CvAev=+n_DXy3Uo8-3ek7c4GnTL=RyJCP_r1Y94r2GQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ3ozS1A6Sc+z3yvT34yN0Gf7wq_d1V1qDit_Quw3UaVxA@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1AeZsRGLXFGrL-gr0MdSex+ebD9ZT+tSG9tNU9HyKtbkw@mail.gmail.com> <C358D192938845828B19F475524113A3@OWNERPC> <CAEFt+w_7QjSNzmC=w_3NyEy-NREvsA57vgeR2ubEV1KG3QU9wQ@mail.gmail.com> <764F123B-F062-4097-B546-31447B882903@rabinergroup.com>

But Mark, digital isn't immutable either. Disk drives develop faults,
formats may change in the future or no longer be backwards compatible, etc.

Both have their failings. You only get to create negs once and if you
screw it up...

Analogue is about shooting differently because you have to consider each
shot carefully so as not to waste film; unlike last night when I took
six digital shots of a beer glass (with beer and not emptied between
shots!) to see if I could get something to work "in the right way".

Personally speaking I find working with analogue a b=very interesting
exercise. Then off to some shop to get it souped and scanned or I scan
the negs. Thats where the two meet...

Whether I shoot better one way or the other is not up to me to judge.

Peter

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Film Lab)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Film Lab)
Message from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (lluisripollphotography) ([Leica] Film Lab)