Subject: [Leica] It's all your fault
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 03:41:54 -0400

The reason why everyone does not switch and join up right off the bat is
because we're talking about software that a large percentage of people use
seldom and with resentment. They'd rather just skip it.
What's wanted is for photography now to be like in the good old days when
you clicked it and forgot it. Just remember which drug store you brought it
too.  People want a hands off approach to photography. They want it un
touched by human hands especially their own..
It's one thing to buy cheap software but paying for it every month seems
like one is sending off the wrong message. And the message is "I can't be
bothered". And they really want everyone who does care to hear it. Often.
The majority of photo enthusiasts could more accurately be called camera
enthusiasts who could more accurately be called money enthusiasts.
You can't really call them camera lovers as cameras just pass though their
hands like its nothing.
Making a commitment to the final result of their images is so far beyond the
point it's not even funny.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 5/12/18, 10:55 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jayanand Govindaraj via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    I still cannot, for the life of me, understand why everybody does not
    switch, it is that convenient and at a very reasonable cost. Is cutting
    your nose to spite your face standard practice?

    As John Maynard Keynes once replied to a reporter who accused him of
    changing his mind - "If the facts change, sir, I change my mind. Pray
what
    do you do?" :-)

    Cheers
    Jayanand

    On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 3:12 AM, Brian Reid <reid at
mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>