Subject: [Leica] It's all your fault
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 20:59:50 -0400
References: <cef945b20d7f13c02c80255ae81af962@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> <CAH1UNJ2QbJZ_6tkqheFhbJtVAB5xFw1fe0sYDPcujK26DJ1pxw@mail.gmail.com> <389B28D3-D8BC-4F08-AD38-0B6B16B8FD88@rabinergroup.com> <MWHPR10MB16462276BDF4BD1136D76AEBB89D0@MWHPR10MB1646.namprd10.prod.outlook.com> <943C4CB3-6F27-415D-A86A-260F4F3A3673@frozenlight.eu> <CAFfkXxvtsorqctqUK50-ZwGVqYLHS-u3qsToYN9pvDrur528kA@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1Bth+t5ZoCAYMC3YnE+U0udvpJSEPeP+_Dsd0zuc0gLUw@mail.gmail.com>

I can almost understand a new person doing their "post processing" or
"editing" in Lightroom as that?s what all their pals are doing.
A person who's being doing this for more than five minutes has cut their
teeth with Photoshop. The idea of somehow needing to unlearn or forgot
photoshop so one can switch to Lightroom I'm not wrapping my head around. I
suspect that the many people who say they did this were not being
practically upfront with the fact that they not gotten into Photoshop that
far in the first place.
Otherwise how could they have given it up? It does not add up.  Is it some
kind of burden?
"no I must stop using this fabulour software I've been using for two decades
and quickly learn instead this fast and easy software everyone else is using"
Photoshop is a fabulous world unto its self which is a reason to own a
computer in the first place.
Photoshop is as fast and easy as it needs to be if you have been using it
the whole time.
I spent less than a minutes on most my images after first spending a minute
in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) which is how it opens from Adobe Bridge which is
the contact sheet thing.. DB
PS has plenty of sliders. Plenty of "auto" features.
It just gives you 4 ways to do something instead of one or zero.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 5/13/18, 4:20 PM, "LUG on behalf of Tina Manley via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    LR is a great cataloging software that includes some editing tools.  PS
is
    a great editing software that does not include cataloging.

    I go to PS for Focus Magic, cloning, spotting, layer work, and deleting
    objects,

    Most of my 3rd party editing softwares are accessible through LR, except
    Focus Magic.

    If I need to find anything by keyword, camera, lens, date, rating,
    filename, that's possible in LR.

    I can't imagine working without either one of them.

    Tina

    On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 3:48 PM, Sonny Carter via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>

    --
    Tina Manley
    www.tinamanley.com