Subject: [Leica] Third party M8/M9 batteries
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 22:46:56 -0400

More than once a year. Countless times. It's not a discussion thread it?s a
virus. It beats out Summicron vs Summilux 15 to 1.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 5/22/18, 7:31 PM, "LUG on behalf of Frank Filippone"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of red735i
at verizon.net> wrote:

    Every year this subject gets discussed.
    I postulated, years ago, that the market for the M8 battery type was
infinitessimal, compared to Nikon/Canon. What correct in the head Chinese
maker would bother for this tiny market?  My conclusion was none. So how do
these batteries get made and sold so cheap?  My thought is that , in the
case of M8 batteries, that there is a reject rate. That the third party
batteries did not meet some Leica spec. These batteries are sold as
aftermarket items, cheap. It follows they will not last as long as the Leica
spec ones.
    As time pases, we have some proof they do not last.
    Here is the financial question:  if Leica makes a battery that costs
10-20-30 times the cost of the aftermarket brand , but lasts only 5 times as
long, which is a better buy???

    And the answer is.......