Subject: [Leica] New Lens
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 02:44:46 -0400

I love f11 more than the next guy and getting everything in focus - the best
bokeh is no bokeh as far as I go but when everything is far and nothing is
close all you're getting in focus is air molecules and water molecules and
the tiny bugs who fly from molecule to molecule. I think a lens along the
line of 16-35mm is a photogs most important optic in this state of the game
looking at the year 2020 but ultrawide get everyone in focus stopped now
just a couple say f5.6 and be there. Stopping it down more just makes for
higher ISO's and slower shudder speeds and its where a lens starts softening
up due to diffraction which is a detraction. So I would make for a different
plan of action!

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

?On 9/19/18, 8:44 AM, "LUG on behalf of Don Dory via LUG"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of lug at
leica-users.org> wrote:

    Hi Jim,  Just a point choir high resolution sensors such as you have;
    generally you are losing sharpness to distraction past f8.  Generally
    speaking especially with a wide angle you will get crisper images
holding a
    larger f stop especially with Leitz lenses.  Definitely something to ask
    the engineers while we are in Wetzler this October.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/jhandsfield_att_net/Cherokee+Trail/ <