Subject: [Leica] IMGS: B&W -> Jim
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 23:03:55 +0100
References: <CA+yJO1CdiKMX-mWxntiHtcs1EG_QSSKjZjv=HVAGDwtdhnpoHA@mail.gmail.com> <D9157AB0-1EF7-4BA1-91B7-F763EEDFFFBE@rabinergroup.com> <CA+yJO1AAo5u6tV1RL2wg4zPHvj=S9+JJ70=ZLyO4+AHWNJGZQg@mail.gmail.com> <17B5993E-8F49-4B60-837E-B1592A08C2EF@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1CPvGJ6cqw3r3e2cTcc2GYV7_zmkfSbSq-vwg8s7xcFDQ@mail.gmail.com> <E24DDA4F-E623-4382-9223-F869F8410346@gmail.com> <CA+yJO1CbD3-5sT64U1LNLuBLo6J6c36ZPCfg6rEJg-uCMxG1Yw@mail.gmail.com> <60f3e58e-6261-ef93-1f00-617fcbd17cdb@lighttube.net>

Jim,

I?ve used a lot Silver Efex when I had the M8 it was useful, also with  the
M9 but less frequently than with the M8, and very, very few almost never
with the Monochrom, I?ve used  it sometimes with scanned B&W negatives. I?m
not a great LR user, I think I've never used the B&W filters preset, as you
know I mainly use Capture One, I have my own made B&W filters presets,
Capture One has excellent tools to obtain great B&W tones, I have used few
times the presets comming with the Capture One. Finally a B&W preset is a
combination of the channels colors and this is applied for the conversions
and/or for applying traditional B&W filters. Of course I?ve already comented
this is valid only for files having color information.

You have showed us several times very nice works using Silver Efex for
ancient negatives and I think that probably this will be the best way to
respond your comment, additionnaly with Silver Efex you have many
possibilities toning your pictures if necessary, I think it could be useful
for old negatives.

I hope this help

Cheers
Lluis