Subject: Tiltall, 24/2.8 Aspheric M lens
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 22:27:41 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I have used two Tiltall tripods since the late 1970's.  They were made by
Leitz in New Jersey.  I have an old brochure from Leitz on these tripods
that details the story of how they acquired them. I'll type it for the LUG
when I return later this weekend.  I'm off to lecture in Anaheim,
California at one of the world's largest vision conferences, called Vision
Expo.  I've got 8 Kodak slides trays stuffed with Ektachrome slides for my
lectures.  All produced with PowerPoint  software.  Perhaps next year I'll
take my IBM Thinkpad laptop computer and use video projectors for the
lectures.  That will end the need to carry so much stuff every time I
travel.  The R8 has produced some great slides along with the 60 macro and
100 apo macro lenses.

I also hope to put my new 24/2.8 aspheric M lens through its paces.  Like
potatoe chips, you can't just stop with one Leica lens.  At this rate,
Leica should just give away M6 bodies and watch their lens sales grow.

Have a good weekend,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA