Subject: [Leica] Re: OT - Apple comments
From: FSilberman@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:02:36 EST

Noted on the lug:

>A little objectivity here, please? I, too, plan on getting a G4 one
>of these days for my PhotoShop work. But 5 percent of the market is not
>"back from the dead." Apple could have been where Microsoft is today - had
>they had Gates marketing genius. Instead, they are "back from the dead" as a
>boutique manufacturer.

 They may be a boutique computer for the avg consumer....but Apple has a very
strong presence in the imaging field, from desktop publishing to web creation
to photographers. National Geographic prefers using Macs.

Many peo opt for PC's because of their cost. Don't discount Mac's to readily.
Many of the imaging programs were first written for Macs. Some programs are
more versatile on the mac platform & run faster. The G4 chip model being
introduced has been optimized to run Photoshop. It runs it 4x faster from
what i've been told.

Cheers,

Frederic