Subject: Re: [Leica] 24mm testing one two three
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <cartersn@nsula.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:28:22 -0500

Roger,

I've  used a Canon wide angle on my M6 by using the Canon to LTM adapter
along with an LTM  to M adapter.  It worked, and as long as you block the
pin that actuates the auto diaphragm on the lens, you can shoot with it.
I'm not sure how the Nikkor keeps the Iris open, but you need to defeat that
if you are using the SLR lens on an M camera.

That said, the hunk of lens is unwieldy on the front on the M6, and you have
to be careful  the combination doesn't decide to jump off the front of your
camera.  Not fun.

I think the much more compact Voigtlander 25mm + VF would be a happier
setup.

Regards,
SonC  (Sonny Carter)
Cammie G. Henry Research Center
Northwestern State University of Louisiana
http://www.sonc.com