Subject: Re: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 09:08:41 -0700

><Snip>
> > all know in a year or so.
> >
> > So both the Leica macro 60 and 100 clearly out performed the Nikon 60
> > and 105 micro nikkors?????
> >
> > Mark Rabiner
> > Portland, Oregon USA
> > http://www.rabinergroup.com
>
> --
>
> Jim - http://www.hemenway.com
> --

Nice shots Jim from what i can see and yes, I agree I don't expect Nikon
glass to equal Leica possibly in the whole lineup there maybe one
exception where a Leica lens is a real perhaps Minoltalike doggy and the
Nikon is a recent design - with Mr.ED and that always indecisive IF.
What IF?
My work does not depend on AF I've decided and I've done a lot of
different kinds of photography I think that AF is fun sometimes but i
wouldn't stake my careeeer over it.

I'm into Nikon for the digital interim. MY hologramic lenses in the year
2525 will be from Pentax.

I also believe that AF is thought of as being necessary for a lot of
photography for which it is not really at all nesseary.

But a shoot from the hip macro style of shooting would be possible with
AF when it is not with manual focus lenses.
I don't know i haven't tried it yet. But i was real disappointed ten
years ago when i got my 105 macro and a month later they came out with
the AF verson of the lens..

I love it when you use a flash with an AF lens where it's real dark and
the flash sends off a red laser beam to light up the subject so that AF
can AF. Now THAT's what i call high tech.
Am I having fun yet?

Look at it this way: in a hundred years, who's gonna care?

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons)