Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Steve Barbour printer woes
From: Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:44:45 -0600

ii tried everything I could think of. The banding started for me
about a month after an OS upgrade and remained intermittent. It even
does it on text documents.
I tried the 1270 with OSX 10.3 on a new  imac that we just got a few
weeks ago. It still bands there. It did come with 10.2, so I guess
that there could be a problem with old drivers, but I updated using
archive and install, so it should have a clean, new set of drivers.

The older imac attached to an 875 still bands occasionally with 10.3
but doesn't seem as bad as before. It was never as bad as the 1270,
which has become unusable for anything. Epson "support" has answered
none of the >10 emails I have sent them over a period of 6 months.

The 2200 is a fine machine and makes beautiful prints, but the
drivers do a lousy job of the "fancier" options- borderless printing
to 4x6 paper for example-it likes to print the photo ~1 1/2 inches
off center.

Allen