Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: tv/tivo
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:47:17 -0800

Control! You watch what you want, when you want. You type in a movie
you want to watch, and whenever it's on, it gets recorded. You can tell
it to follow certain actors, genres, whatever. And it's a hard drive,
so no tape to lose. It puts you in control of what you watch when. And
quality is better than tape.

And you can pause and rewind and review live TV. Go to the bathroom and
come back and continue where you left off. Then catch up during
commercials.

I would never be without one now that I've had one.

On Nov 13, 2003, at 10:22 PM, Marc James Small wrote:

> I will cheerfully admit that I haven't a clue as to what this TIVO
> thing
> is, so I would appreciate those in our number better informed about
> popular
> culture to share their wisdom with this technological tyro.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Never miss a good chance to shut up.  - Will Rogers.

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: tv/tivo)