Subject: Re: [Leica] The LEICA DIGILUX 2 is announced
From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:33:32 +0100

I did have one in my hands and it feels much more like a Leica as the
digilux 1 and it looks like a big CM. In my opinion it is a bit too big.
The camera handles like a 'normal' camera because all the rings and
knobs are in the same place. The FV is LCD and will take a lot of
getting used to. If you move the camera the vf can't follow as fast as
you would like. Also it is not full color, it looks a bit like b&w with
a blue haze. The focus is done manually like with a normal lens. As far
as i could see no AF.
The built in flash is very strange. It does not flash straight into the
subject but is under an angle of 45 degrees up. It also looks very tiny.
On the other hand it has a hot shoe with the same contacts as the R9. So
I presume it is fully compatible with the SCA 3502 flashes.

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema