Subject: Re: [Leica] The fine line between art and pornography
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 01:05:43 -0800

Yeah well you don't know my mother. She won't go to PG-13 movies. If I
were to take her to such an exhibit, that would be the end of Christmas
cookies for me!

On Dec 13, 2003, at 10:41 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> As for the "Mom test"--I did take my Mom to a Mapplethorpe exhibit in
> Denmark
> several years ago. Don't assume that just because your mother is older
> than you,
> she is less open-minded. My Mom appreciated the technical/artistic
> quality of the
> images, although she was put off by the homo-erotic contect, which is
> more or less
> my own reaction to Mapplethorpe's work.
Eric
Carlsbad, CA

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is
proof
against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man [person] in
everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to
investigation."
- --Herbert Spencer

Message from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] The fine line between art and pornography)
Message from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] The fine line between art and pornography)