Subject: Re: [Leica] digital in low light
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli@creocollective.com>
Date: 31 Jan 2004 19:57:37 -0800

Personally I don't think I will switch to digital, even if they
make a digital M. My point is that I like film. I like playing with
the chemicals and making prints in the darkroom. I like the fact that
my M only has two dials and one button. I like the way film looks, and
enjoy mastering the craft. Making a beautiful image with these rather
primitive and archaic tools is a challenge I greatly enjoy.

I don't care if the next wiz bang Canon XB338-XMP is sharper than
35mm film. If that was such a pressing criteria I would have switched to
medium format years ago. Photography is/can be an artform. It's not a weenie
measuring contest.

As it is I spend way too much time in front of a computer. Tonight is a
perfect example. I am stuck at work, slaving away at my computer for some
halfwit client, who can't decide what color he wants his sky to be.

The last thing I want to see in my spare time is another computer screen
or be beeped at by some electronic contraption.

Feli

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] digital in low light)
Reply from sam <sam@osheaven.net> (Re: [Leica] digital in low light)
Message from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> ([Leica] digital in low light)