Subject: [Leica] R9 with digital back pix
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon Sep 20 09:18:11 2004

Ted

Sorry for this major error in judgement.  It happened right after I had
fallen off the side of one of the Covered Bridges in Madison County (Same
as the movie and book).  I'm afraid I was a bit delirious at the time, and
a bit distraught, after hearing my M6TTL and R4SP banging against each
other and the rocks I was bouncing off of.  I was thinking that I would
have to replace something and the wife caught me off guard.  Fortunately
both the M6 and R4 faired much better than I did. ;-)  A small scrape on
the Summicron hood and a very minor ding on the R4 just below the eyepiece,
but lots of grass and weed particles. ;-)  I on the other hand, ended up
with a cut right arm and leg, and many bruises all over.  I hit my head,
but the Tilley hat saved me saved me from any major damage there, just a
sore head and a major head ache.  This all happened over the Labor Day
weekend a couple of weeks ago.  I had looked to see where it was safe to
step, but then turned around to frame the pic and then stepped without
rechecking where to step.  A Real STUPID Mistake!  I fell about 4 feet and
tumbled down the embankment another 6 ft or so.  I was real lucky i did not
break anything or worse.  i will post some photos soon after I get them
scanned.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could tell her that in my delirium, I had the price
wrong, and that it is really $499 and not $4995.  Think she would believe
that?

Or, I guess I could get her a new puppy...

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>                 |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           09/20/2004 10:20 AM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->

Gene Said in major error! :-) ;-)
Subject: Re: [Leica] R9 with digital back pix

> Ted
>
> Right now the only way I'm going to get one is if they are free, the wife
> almost had a cow when I told her the price. ;-)  <<<<

Gene,
I can't believe you broke the code of silence when it relates to prices,
Leica gear and wives!!! ;-)  Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! ;-) You know
you've now put the whole husband - wife - Leica gear situation in jeopardy!

I mean you could be dipped in honey and left on an anthill somewhere in
deepest Africa to be slowly consumed. Bad move old chap. It was nice
knowing
you. :-)

OK you can wake-up now it was only a dream. But you better smooth this over
with the Mrs. or it could become "your worst nightmare!" ;-)
ted