Subject: [Leica] LEICA SEMINAR! 2004 :-)
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Oct 28 14:59:50 2004

At 01:38 PM 10/28/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Thank you for the kind comments on my digi prints, as I do them as simply
>as I shoot digital. The more I do everything on "automatic whatever", the
>easier it's become and the results have got better! ;-)  I know it just
>drives the techies crazy! Love it! :-)

But your "automatic" is everybody else's "think about this and then set it
the way it should be for the light"  I speak to college photography classes
all the time and you would be surprised at how many of them have no idea
about exposing for light, waiting for the decisive moment, and not altering
the truth.  So many have the idea that everything has to be manipulated and
altered to be weird or express their "artistic vision".  I get really upset
at gallery shows, especially some of the "installation" examples that I saw
at PhotoPlus Expo!!  Did anybody see the corncribs or chiffon scarfs???!!

>Well you never know what the Great Spirit may have in mind for me a year
>from now. ;-)

This has been a terrible year for photographers, but you will be with us
for a long time, Ted.  You take care of yourself (other than the occasional
Lagavulin!)  and you certainly don't appear to be in your 70's!

>Anyway who knows what can happen during the next twelve months and as I
>said only the Great Spirit can answer that.. Hopefully we'll have another
>opportunity to say hi and hug again. :-)

I'm sure we'll meet and hug again, but until then, hugs and kisses on the
LUG!!!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com
http://www.workbookstock.com
http://www.newscom.com
http://www.americanphotojournalist.com

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] LEICA SEMINAR! 2004 :-))
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] LEICA SEMINAR! 2004 :-))
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] LEICA SEMINAR! 2004 :-))