Subject: [Leica] Advice needed: Should I set up a darkroom or not?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Nov 21 12:32:44 2004

bill harting offered wisely!:
>>> For myself, I find the time I spend alone in the darkroom (with music or
> without) a gift of time away from the intensity of the world outside,
> where computers live.<<<<

Hi Bill,
Absolutely!
It's an escape from the world of today with all it's damn destruction and
stupidity where you have the choice of ultimate quiet or the gentle sounds
of your favourite music. Quite the most relaxing time for some folks. Or the
only sound is water gently gurgling while washing your prints!

Build the darkroom and enjoy some of the best moments of being a
photographer! Particulalry, when you watch the magic a thousand times over
as a print begins to appear and become something you are proud to feel... "I
shot that, damn I'm good!" ;-) And laugh at yourself with the enjoyment you
can only find in the dark of the darkroom.

ted

Message from wharting at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] Advice needed: Should I set up a darkroom or not?)