Subject: [Leica] Advice needed: Should I set up a darkroom or not?
From: wharting at verizon.net (bill harting)
Date: Sun Nov 21 10:26:40 2004

Sure, set up a darkroom if you want to. You'll be committing yourself to
many hours alone in the dark, and, if you're lucky, you'll receive
satisfaction from creating unique photographs, and from the fact that you
are practicing, successfully, an art many others have, and continue to
practice (diminishing group that it may be).

There will be plenty of time to scan your prints for reproduction, and, if
you find working with computers agreeable, to learning and practicing the
post-processing that is a part of digital photography. Plenty of equipment
to mess around with in either case, and plenty of skills to master.

For myself, I find the time I spend alone in the darkroom (with music or
without) a gift of time away from the intensity of the world outside, where
computers live.

bill h