Subject: [Leica] First digital camera for my son?
From: max_weisenfeld at verizon.net (Max Weisenfeld)
Date: Mon Dec 6 08:14:33 2004

Kodak and Fuji make good disposable cameras, including a weatherproof one.
Kids lose things.

And lens quality is not an issue when he takes six close-ups of his own nose
(which my almost-eight year old does, on purpose, often).

Age between seven and ten is better for a "real" camera, when leaving it in
the sandbox or using it to crush Lego bag-guys is a little less likely
(these are real examples of creative photography from my house).

I like the I-Zone in the abstract, but my daughter found its small image
size frustrating.  Just her 2 cents.

Max