Subject: [Leica] Question: B&W
From: bparsons at jhancock.com (bparsons@jhancock.com)
Date: Fri Jan 7 11:58:47 2005

Glenn,

I still shoot some film and I take both the color and b/w to a pro lab for
developing only. ?Then I do the scans myself. ?Sometimes, if I'm willing to
trust the film to a different processor (a pro store) I also order a cd
with the film. ?Then I can view more easily and rescan the ones that I
want.

I also shoot Tech Pan and some other slow films that I must develop myself.
So, I'm not out of this annoying business.

For ease of living, I recommend having someone else do your processing. ?At
$6 to $9 for the processing, the several hours I would be in the darkroom
are better spent in Photoshop.

Bill Parsons
601 Congress Street, Boston, MA
617-663-2592
(cell) 617-680-2779
|+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------|
||   "Glenn Stauffer"           |                                         |
||   <alaxsxaq@gmail.com>       |   ? ? ? ? To: ? ? ? ?"Leica Users Group"|
||   Sent by:                   |   <lug@leica-users.org>                 |
||   lug-bounces+bparsons=jhanco|   ? ? ? ? cc:                           |
||   ck.com@leica-users.org     |   ? ? ? ? Subject: ? ? ? ?[Leica]       |
||                              |   Question: B&W                         |
||   01/07/2005 02:29 PM        |                                         |
||   Please respond to "Leica   |                                         |
||   Users Group"               |                                         |
|+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------|

It's been a while since I shot B&W and longer since I did my own
developing. ?I have all the non-chemical supplies, but never really
liked doing my own printing, so I'm planning to scan and print the
negs digitally. ?Some questions I have for those who have experience
with B&W developing and scanning.

- which B&W film scans well?
- what do I need in the way of chemicals to do my own developing of
the above film?
- any web sites that I should consult on the topic?

Thanks,

Glenn Stauffer