Subject: [Leica] Re: American Robin
From: jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB)
Date: Fri Jan 7 17:23:23 2005

At 11:42 AM 1/7/2005, John Collier wrote:

>Oh well the film went off to the lab and here is what came back:
>
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/album139/getting_the_bird
>
>Sure it is sharp (not bad for a handheld 800 f:gawdknowswhat) but I knew
>right then and there that I was not going to be the Avedon of the bird
>world. A higher feathered power was gently telling me to get back on the
>viewfinder track and leave SLRs and birds alone. I sold the lens to
>another local chap on the list,  warned him about the cheeky twits. I sold
>the SL2 to Doug where I hope it is finally doing a bit of good.
>
>John Collier

As far as I am concerned, there is only ONE Doug Herr. He has skillfully
positioned himself into being the premier animal photographer. Emulation is
not possible. His photographs are "fine art," not simply "animal pictures."
I truly believe that he could make a handsome living selling his
photographs, both as stock and as fine art.

IMHO,

JB

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Re: American Robin)
Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] Re: American Robin)