Subject: [Leica] What is the best non ttl flash to use?
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Mon Jan 31 09:39:31 2005

Chris, for some people, using flash with the M systems is anti-thesis to
the whole philosophy. You even have a better M than an M in this aspect -
with your R-D1, you can switch ISO on the fly, and the pictures quality
even at ISO 1600 is quite decent, but you know that.

What I am getting at is that shoot w/ your R-D1 for a while. Use your 28/2
and get as close as possible. You may never look at a flash again.

(except for fill flashing etc. but then the M or R-D1 in auto mode is
really not built for that)

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] What is the best non ttl flash to use?)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] What is the best non ttl flash to use?)