Subject: [Leica] lighting critique request, take 2
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Sep 18 06:31:23 2005

Eric,

On the occasion I used big strobes I'd put one lamp facing an upper corner
of the room, then you have light coming from above, ceiling. And off the two
side walls. Then another lamp head in the opposite corner in similar
position. Then you have some very interesting light for highlights and
shadow filling happening almost all over the place.

I think you only have the one lamp? In that case I'd still try the corner
and see what you get.

However Mark Rabiner has shot some of the best strobe lit photography I've
ever seen, as he's a master at it. So he's well worth listening to in how to
get the best use of your light.

ted

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] lighting critique request, take 2)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] lighting critique request, take 2)