Subject: [Leica] Re: Advice needed: Buying Leica IIIf and 50mm lens
From: smcj35 at yahoo.com (Colin J)
Date: Thu Oct 20 09:11:30 2005

Re. my previous posting, thank you very much to
everyone who replied, both on and off the List.

I have taken on board all the very helpful
comments, including the one accusing me of being
a troll! (English is not my first language so I
may have created some misunderstandings without
intention).

For now, I have decided not to buy a IIIf and
will look for an early M as several people
suggested.

I had wanted to recapture a vintage "feel" when
photographing older buildings and interiors by
using the older equipment.  However, the
drawbacks of the slow film loading, winding and
rewinding plus the need for film leader trimming
(of which I was not aware) are major chores.  I
will not rule out buying an LTM body in the
future but it will be for pleasure and not work.
I can try old LTM lenses on my M anyway.

I now regret selling my M4-P to buy my second M7
as it would have been better to keep it.  I
bought my second M7 to see if the 0,58X
viewfinder was better for me than the 0,72X, but
the 0,72X is just fine.  I no longer use a 28mm
lens (I have 12, 15, 24, 35, 50, 90mm lenses) so
the 0,72X works very well with the 35mm and I use
accessory viewfinders for the 12mm and 15mm
Voigtlander lenses and the 24mm Leica ASPH.

Again I thank you all for your excellent advices
and I am again very pleased that I joined this
List.

Best regards,

Colin Jastrzebski.

http://mail.yahoo.com