Subject: [Leica] My Kid's Wedding.....
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Feb 4 06:36:30 2006

Frank:

>It was time to ask the bride and groom for permission.  TO do that
>I told my wife first what I was preparing to do.........

Lesson #1.  It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.  :)

I would take a small camera that's easy to put in a pocket.  Plan on
shooting available light.  Either fast film or crank up the digital ISO.
Think more point and shoot.  (Of course, an M fits that category, too.
<grin>)  Don't make a big deal out of it.  Enjoy the day.  And take a few
candid snaps that there's no way the official photographer could get.  As
long as your taking pictures doesn't interfere with anything, who would have
a legitimate complaint?

I will probably be shooting mostly digital by the time my daughters get
married.  Hopefully, I'll still be able to find a way to buy and process
film by then.  This sounds like the ideal situation for an M.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/