Subject: [Leica] 25mm f/1.4 "normal" 4/3's lens hits (Olympus)
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Fri Mar 9 09:37:03 2007

>for me I want more sensitivity and lower noise.
>
>Adam

What a great approach, Adam - to Everything! And quite sensitive of
you to admit it (in sort of a quiet way, of course) . . .  ;-)

Of course, I was being facetious about the size of computer things
growing. Cable connectors have actually downsized to about the limit
of what the normal hand can handle. In my diatribe, I was remembering
old Amphenol 50 wire phone connectors, mainframe computer cables the
size of your wrist. etc. The world award for connectors should go to
whoever invented the ubiquitous RJ-11 telephone jack - the kind of
simplicity and utility that would be the worthy example of any design study!

Yes, I'm waiting for the better sensors in the 4/3 format -
especially with the current problems of noise (why don't we just call
it grain?) at higher ISO. Like all things digital, I don't think the
wait will be too long.

Gary Todoroff
www.northcoastphotos.com

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] 25mm f/1.4 "normal" 4/3's lens hits)