Subject: [Leica] in which kyle tries to take a photograph with a leica....
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon Apr 9 04:59:40 2007

so last week i went out with some friends and didn't feel like carrying a
big heavy camera ... "hey!" i thought, "I'll bring the Leica!"

My M6 has had the same roll of film in it since 2002 so finishing it off
sounded like a good idea.

The first three photos I took I realized later I had the aperture set to
f22, despite it being dark out rapidly everyone got very tired of me
shouting "wait! wait! I need to focus this!" no matter which way I turned
the focusing ring, the rangefinder seemed to go the opposite direction for
what I needed.

The most embarrassing part though was that when the roll had ended -- I
couldn't remember how to get the film out. For several minutes it escaped me
that one needed to flip a lever to enable the rewind knob to spin backwards
and then for some reason, I had it in my head that pulling up on the rewind
knob would pop the back out.

The real kicker?

My photos were awful. This is the best of the lot:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/lj/2007/mimi.jpg

Whatever part of my brain was being used in the past to properly operate a
Leica is now filled with baseball statistics and lists of people who have
won on Survivor.

kc

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] in which kyle tries to take a photograph with a leica....)
Reply from jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff Matsler) ([Leica] in which kyle tries to take a photograph with a leica....)