Subject: [Leica] Img: Radioactive lens fix works
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Nov 10 12:04:39 2007

This has been a very well documented phenomena and fix for Thorium
lenses. Thorium is a gamma ray emitter and the affected elements have
the coloration all the way through the element, not just on the
outside. It's also interesting that just about every screw mount
Pentax 50/1.4 lens has yellowed, to a degree, with the exception of
the original 8 element version which does not contain Thorium. Also
every report I've seen reported that UV cleans up the problem.

Len