Subject: [Leica] A new toy <Kinda OT>
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Tue Nov 27 13:00:14 2007

This past weekend I decided to order a new toy.  It was a Nikon F3hp
with the MD4 motor drive.  Back in my news days the F3 was the ultimate
camera, rugged, light and so sweet (I had 2 F3T's with motors).  I have
often looked at KEH and their used Nikon listings thinking about getting
another one...well I saw one in EX condition for $235 and an MD4 for
$19!!  I could not believe this as back then I paid at least 300 for the
MD4 alone.

I gotta say I do not think there has ever been any SLR that fits the
hand as well as the F3 with MD4 does, nor has there ever been one that
is so nice looking.  I can't wait to load this puppy up and go shoot
some.  It will fit perfectly into my film kit which is mostly
Leica's...now this F3 for my 105 and 180mm lenses for some reach, the
Leicas for in close.

If you are not one of those who has to have the latest and greatest
digital do everything camera these are great times to get pro level
equipment at less than point and shoot prices.  The old Nikon AiS lenses
are not that expensive, and will still work on the top line Nikon
digital bodies and with the $75 converter will work on a Canon body.  If
you want really cheap look into the old Canon FD stuff, it is rock
bottom now....but the FD stuff only mounts to the old FD system.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography

Replies: Reply from jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox) ([Leica] A new toy <Kinda OT>)