Subject: [Leica] Thumbs down for Lens Pen!
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Jan 1 21:32:24 2008

Very likely you may not identify any loss of quality at all in practical use
from what you are describing. For cleaning fingermarks,
I use the Zeiss optical cleaning mixture with microfibre cloths. I find it
to be excellent. You can get Zeiss moistened wipes in
sachets, too. I think someone may have mentioned them. I bought a couple of
hundred off the bay a while back. They are really easy
to carry and effective to use. While you are being careful, be sure to use a
clean soft brush to gently remove any dust or grit
before you wipe with anything. Plenty of people on the list will tell you
that modern Leica lens coatings are tough and I have no
doubt that is true. I am always careful cleaning, maybe more than I need to
be, but there is certainly no harm in it. I have never
scratched any lens over quite a few years of camera handling.

Cheers
Geoff