Subject: [Leica] OT: Post services (positive)
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat Jan 5 23:46:33 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 8:26 AM, Justin Viiret <jviiret@gmail.com> wrote:

> That said, I wouldn't find a post office open in Sydney in New Years
> Day!

Well, a few years ago ALL traditional post offices were closed in
Sweden. People we simply not using them enough to justify the expense.

The post office activities were moved into grocery stores and other
kiosks. Those places had people employed anyway and the store owners
could pick up a side-income by performing post office duties at
designated cash registers.

I'm not really fond of the new set up, but is does mean that the post
office is open whenever the food store is open.

Daniel

Message from jviiret at gmail.com (Justin Viiret) ([Leica] OT: Post services (positive))