Subject: [Leica] Summarit Reviews
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Jan 12 07:05:05 2008

When Erwin states he is getting some form of error created by the M8
electronics on the diagonal lines, then he proceeds to complete the test, I
have to wonder about the validity of the test results..  When you throw in
Jpgs to allow the user to evaluate those results, it is purely crazy to
judge.

Film works for testing lens performance.  Digital, I am not so sure
about......especially if you know there is something wrong going on.....

BTW, in his results, Erwin's like the Summarits.....  and for 40-50% of the
cost of the Summicrons, they do shine, especially compared to used
equipment.  Personally, I think that the Summarits are competing not with
new Summicrons, but used ones.... after all, a person that has $5400 to
plunk down on a M8 body has a few thousand more to get top notch lenses.  It
is us cheapskates ( PC term.. financially challenged)  that buy used that
they are trying to reel in.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

http://www.imx.nl/photo/lenstest/summarit_lenses_part_two_ja.html