Subject: [Leica] Any one still using their darkrooms
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Jan 28 08:11:08 2008

Jerry,

While in Atlanta last week I had the pleasure of seeing some wonderful
prints on display in the lobby of the Weston. The prints were 12x18 inch
BW landscapes matted and mounted in very large frames. Judging from the
grain and from the aspect ratio I'm guessing they were from 35mm. (I'm
not sure, as you never can tell these days, but if they were digital
someone sure did some things to make them look like 35mm.)

Each time I passed through I stopped and looked at the images a little
more closely. The main reason that I think they are film images is that
I can't imagine anyone taking such photographs with a digital camera.
The photographs were austere and simple, almost the antithesis of
digital.

In any event, they were gorgeous prints. You sure can make nice images
from film.

DaveR